Monday, November 23, 2009

Family and Thanksgiving thoughts...

For Mike and I, family isn't necessarily our parents or siblings but the people who we have things in common with and are around often who love each other. Don't get me wrong, we love our parents and siblings. It's just that sometimes we get more love and support by our chosen family. For us, that is our small group and a few amazing people that I work with.

They have walked with us in our sorrow, praised God in our joy, and carried our burdens for us. We have had them over for dinner, picked them up when they needed a ride, and emailed them to let them know we are thinking of them. The love is genuine and is centered on our love of the Father.

With Thanksgiving just yesterday, I have been thinking of what I am thankful for. Oh course I am thankful for God and what He is doing in my life and how He is helping me grow. Also, my husband. Sometimes I cannot even begin to explain how grateful I am to have him in my life. He is my rock and always supports me when I need him. I am also thankful for my family. Between Mike and I, we have great parents and siblings who we love very much. And of course, our amazing second family. Those people know who they are. They are truly great people who we love having in our lives.

Also, just an update...we were hoping to hear that the agency has show some birthmom's our letter but we found out that not only is our file STILL not complete but they haven't shown us to anyone. We are so saddened by this. We have been waiting for so long to be parents that it just keeps getting harder. Especially since we are relying on other people to help us get a child. Please be praying for our hearts and that this process happens quickly but always in God's timing.

2 comments:

  1. Kim, when the wait is long and it's difficult to continue to trust, we are here for you, trusting on your behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, hang in there. You have an amazing heart with love overflowing. We are standing in the gap for you.

    ReplyDelete