Friday, November 20, 2009

Nothing new...

Well...I have nothing new to post but I didn't want it going too long without saying anything to my 5 followers!!! Mike and I have just been waiting for that phone to ring telling us that we have a baby waiting for us or a birthmom wanting to meet us. I'm not gonna lie, this part of the process sucks. Absolutely is terrible on our hearts. We are just so anxious to be parents that everytime the phone rings, my heart drops into my stomach. And I know...Kim, be patient, it will happen in God's timing. Trust me, I know this. But sometimes during the waiting it is hard to remember that. Mike gave me a little of his patience so I am hoping that it tides me over for now!

In other news, we bought a crib for the baby and it is put together and sitting in the baby's room (along with all our other crap). Mike had another dad moment when he got to put baby furniture together. Most dad's get to do this when their wife is 7 months pregnant and can't help. But if you know me at all, you will know that not only am I not pregnant but I love to build furniture. But I loved that Mike wanted this to be his project so that he can tell our child one day that his/her daddy built this bed. He is gonna be an amazing father!

We have had a great week too. We went for 2 walks in our little area of Irvine (which has so many shops and just pretty). First we walked like 2 miles to Target and Babies R' Us then the next night we walked about a mile and a half or 2 miles to Albertsons to get a movie from Red Box. It has been so nice because not only are we getting out of the house and into the nice crisp air, but we also are able to just talk and connect. Sometimes when we are at home, we make dinner and watch TV (or build baby furniture!). But there isn't a lot of talking time. That is something we are happy to change. So for the time we are walking, we catch up on our weeks and tell each other where are hearts are at in this adoption process. Then when we get home, we are able to relax and keep chatting because we have so much to say to each other! I love Mike and being with him in this time is great because we were reminded by a friend at our small group that this time we have as just Mike and Kim may end really abruptly so we must appreciate and take advantage of it while we can.

Ok...I promise that I will post more regularly. I am kinda feeling stuck on what to post for this blog. Its not like we haven't moved forward any in the adoption so I don't have a ton to share...any thoughts??

2 comments:

  1. Kim, I always enjoy reading your blogs... even if it is just to find out how you are feeling, or what you are thinking about. I know you feel like you aren't saying anything new, but you are communicating your heart during this process in a beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, too, Kimmie--and I love the thought of you and Mike walking and talking ... it's an investment in your marriage and in your life as parents.

    Tom and I were talking today that one of the greatest gifts a couple can give their child is the knowledge that their marriage is secure and stable. You will give that to your child, and we salute you for that!

    ReplyDelete