Wednesday, August 31, 2016

I mean, honestly....

Sometimes I struggle to see God providing. We have watched so many friends adopt and God does something amazing and it makes it clear they are on the right path. I mean, sometimes we have little things but nothing major where it is so clearly the Lord. That was, until last Saturday...

We had our garage sale. I was so tired because Mike had foot surgery Friday and I was doing all the organizing on Friday. I even slept in my car the night before because I didn't want to have to put it all back to just bring it out the next morning. I'm a little lazy. I woke up at 5am, got showered and dressed. Ran to grab coffee and donuts and started working. 6am, our first friends arrive. I mean, 6 am on a Saturday. By 7:30 we had a TON of our amazing friends there to help. Things got rolling and my parents came to help and the yard sale people were out in full swing with pockets full of singles!

Our friend Tricia kept giving us a count update on the cash....our first count after only a few hours was almost $1100.....WHAT?!?!? We could have packed it up and been done I was so happy with that amount. My goal was $800...Mike's was $1250. We were already over mine and almost to his!

At 3pm the amount was well over $2000 and we still had people coming. After wrapping up and having my parents and a few friends load up to drop the rest off at savers, we counted and the amount was also $2400!!! I mean, honestly! I don't even know how that happened! We had a lot of stuff but that amount just seems insane for a garage sale.

But nothing is too big for God!

So what now? We needed $8200 to start getting matched with a birth mom and after the sale and the little bit we have in our bank account, we are almost half way there! And in a couple weeks we should hear from the adoption grant we applied for and are praying that God provides just the right amount for us to move forward with getting matched!

I mean, honestly....God is good and is making it so clear that our pursuit of this adoption is what he wants for us. Praise the Lord for providing friends and family who are willing to help and the generosity of so many to give things to sell. So many to thank.

No comments:

Post a Comment