Monday, February 27, 2012

Going to court...

Well, we officially have a date to finalize Emsley's adoption. March 7th! I know it seems soon but we are so grateful. Our lawyer told us that the courts are scheduling about 90 days out but when we requested a date, they gave him the 7th. This day is very exciting. No more paperwork, no more waiting, no more meetings, no more preparing our home for a social worker, no more. To us, she is already ours. She is our daughter whom we love and cherish. But now it will be official to the state. We will have our names on her birth certificate...Mother, Kimberly Wise...Father, Michael Wise. I know that seems probably silly to care about but it will be nice to have it all in writing.

I will post pictures afterwards. I am so joyful that this day is finally here. I'm gonna buy Emsley (and maybe myself!) a cute dress for the day. Then we will be less than 2 months from celebrating our big girls 1st birthday! Oh my!!!

2 comments:

  1. If you want help shopping for cute clothes... you know who to call!! Love the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you guys! Guess mom will have to represent for all of us! So happy for you-and can't wait to see some pictures and hear all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete