Thursday, February 9, 2017

Fundraising and waiting

Yep, this pretty much sums up where we are. Fundraising and waiting. The waiting part I feel pretty good about. I have been here and know that God's timing is best and it will happen at just the exact moment He wants it to. I remember writing this post and thinking that becoming a mom would NEVER happen. That we would just be that family that waits indefinitely. Oh man, I'm so glad that God knows better than me! But looking back on my feelings on impatience it gets me asking myself am I being impatient? I mean, I really want a second child and cannot wait to hold my baby in my arms and have my other baby sitting right next to me asking to hold her brother or sister.

But the answer is no. I'm not being impatient. I'm feeling really at peace with where we are in this process. Like I said, I have experienced the perfect timing of the Lord's will and know that He will do that again. And when we are finally a family of 4, I will look back on the timing and know exactly the reason why we had all these years to wait. It was because I was supposed to be the mom of that specific child. Just like I felt with Emsley. I had to be her mom. No one else's.

Now the fundraising. This isn't my favorite. I have a hard time asking for help. There are people in the world and even in our community who have greater needs than ours. But here we are, asking others to help us. It is humbling to see people drop off shoes, clothes, and know that they are doing this to help us. They are taking time to sort through their stuff and help us. People are emailing their friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, just to help us fundraise what we need to bring baby #2 home!

So thank you to those who have helped and gone above and beyond to help us with this. We have the best community and without you all we would be so lost and lonely. Life is richer because of those who are around us.

And because people have been asking, the items we are collecting are:

SHOES, SHOES, AND MORE SHOES!

Also, clothing, bedding, towels, soft goods. Bags and bags of it. We will be donating to savers so instead of taking it there yourselves, let us take it off your hands!

Drop off anytime (afternoons are when I'm actually home) but you can totally just pile it up outside my front door!

So get collecting people! And thanks for making the fundraising and waiting time amazing and rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment