Thursday, March 20, 2014

Our girl

Yes I am aware that this blog has been unused for a very long time. But today I had an idea for a post and was super excited to write for the first time in a while. Our girl has been amazing lately. Besides the random freak outs she has as a normal almost 3 year old, she is getting out of the terrible twos and entering into the terrific threes! I can see that the light at the end of the tunnel from the last 18 month is approaching and am glad that God gave Mike and I strength to endure this.

Emsley is getting her little heart ready for welcoming siblings into our home and with that I have loved watching her heart swell with joy at the idea that other kids will be living here possibly forever. And in the adoption process we are having to adjust some of our discipling with Emsley to prepare for how we are to discipline our soon to be kids. Emsley never responded well to spanking so that was easy to drop but time outs weren't always effective either. My patience for her is strong, only by the grace of God! And with that, I have been able to take a hard situation she is going through and get down to her level and talk about how and why she is feeling upset. I think this has helped her work out her feelings and handle her frustration with me and even her friends. This has really given her and I a sweet connection and I think we are more in sync with each other too!

She is always happy and using her new founded imagination! Daddy and her play treasure hunt or we do hair salon or we are playing with her easel learning how to spell and write her name. She is so smart and happy pretty much all the time! After her "nap" (which doesn't happen everyday!) she is so happy. Everyday she gets up and asks me if I'm happy and then tells me she is happy too and we hug and kiss for a couple minutes. I mean, seriously!

They say that for girls they are rough between 2 and 3…for Emsley it was 18 months till almost 3. But they also say that after 3, they are amazing and man are they right! We love our sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment