Friday, March 4, 2011

Ugh...

We leave for Hawaii on Monday...and we cannot be more excited. 9 days away, just the two of us to connect and be together in a beautiful place as we prepare for our daughter to be born. It will be an amazing time. But...

Mike has been working 6 days a week and also is working late every night too. He even has to go in on Sunday for a few hours...the day before vacation. I am so mad at his boss. On one hand, I am grateful for him having a job and the overtime money that we get but that poor man is so stressed and overworked that it is RI.DIC.U.LOUS. He comes home, drinks a beer and we watch TV. He looks so tired and I feel completely helpless. Here I am with a job that I only work 4 hours a day at and then come home to relax all afternoon and sometimes I just feel so guilty. At least when our baby is here, when I am home with her everyday, my job is being her mommy and taking care of Mike full time.

I hope that when we are gone he can put all the crap of his job and how hard he is working aside and just relax and be present. I know that right now he is constantly thinking about the projects he is working on and it keeps him from getting a great night of sleep...so hopefully after being away from it for a day or two, he will forget he even has a job.

So ugh...my ugh is for Mike. But the huge grin that I have had on my face since 1:30 when I got off work won't go away...I am so excited for this vacation. This is the first time we have gotten away to a relaxing vacation since our honeymoon.

Aloha for now everyone!!! See you in a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment